Wednesday 1 June 2011

Preparation for the split!

In other news!

Dan was talking to the agricultural engineers and they have suggested that when we split the tractor we should take the opportuity to swap out the clutch components. So I spoke to the guys at Silver Fox tractor spares. They were awesome and advised me on the components and seals required to do a proper job.

They also advised me on the process to get the teeth on the flywheel. Thanks for this!

In terms of doing a restoration- these are the guys to speak to, their service is excellent and they take a genuine interest in the work going on. They also advised that they can manufacture piping etc where they are not available. So may be looking at this for the ki-gass pipes.

http://www.silverfoxtractorspares.com/

So the plan when we split the tractor is to get out the flywheel parts and get the new teeth on, and replace the clutch.. never done that before- should be an interesting task! I also have the new gaskets to put on and fix the minor oil leak.

All good progress.

I also spent a good hour going round the tractor and loosening nuts where possible. To 'normal' people, i'm sure they would think i'm crazy! However, I did find it quite a positive and rewarding experience- knowing that when I come to remove a part, I won't have any major problems. One nut that is proper solid is one holding the seat on to the tractor...Another 'challenge'!

No comments:

Post a Comment