Wednesday 1 June 2011

Engine rebuild dilemma

When I bought the tractor, it was running- if a bit smokey. So I didn't plan to do any engine rebuild work. To be honest, I thought it was beyond my capabilities.

However, now I am doing the clutch and more mechanical tasks- I am starting to be tempted to renew the engine bore sleeves, pistons etc. I guess my confidence is growing as I understand more about how it all works.

I definitely want to do the gaskets- I'm just thinking that while it is all open- I may as well Renew the other key components. I have a lot of other stuff to do before I have to make the decision, but I am starting to contemplate it. It would be a shame to put it back together and it run dirty/smokey and have to rake it all apart again.

I'm talking myself into this!

What could possibly go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment