Sunday 5 June 2011

bad weather, bad progress

Today I planned to prime up the rear axles on the tractor.

However, I spent the morning in the gym, and it has rained all afternoon :( I don't want to paint in  damp atmosphere so I haven't made any progress.

I decided to start priming some of the parts that are cleaned up: the fan and the breather I have started on. My plan is to prim up all the major parts then spray the tractor in Ferguson Grey- and then finally add the parts that I don't want in the grey paint.


I had a read of the old MCN that was in the log basket, before using it.. I realised that MCN is basically the same magazine every week! This one was quite old and may as well of been this week.. :)

Note to self- don't buy the MCN again.

So, the priming was pretty easy and am looking forward to start painting the main parts of the tractor. The weather forecast looks good for the week  so should make good progress.

I have started looking at the Ferguson ploughs on ebay. Lots of them on there in ok condition, so when the tractor gets closer to being complete I will be investing. Also on a finger cutter, if I can find one!

Lots of very cool volkswagens driving through Henley today to the Stonor show!

No comments:

Post a Comment