Wednesday 22 June 2011

ebay finds

For any budding tractor restorer make a daily trip to ebay standard operating procedure!

After the flurry of buying loads of new stuff, i'm enjoying searching ebay for second hand parts or parts from tractors for breaking.

I'm almost tempted to try to go to some sort of agricultural car boot sale!  I may need to borrow Kasha's pick up, to carry home my purchases!

The two things I am currently bidding on, primarily due to the existing parts being degraded so much are the following. I know they look bad, but with an hour of wire brushing and grinding and a dab of primer- will be as good as new! ;)

The cross shaft here looks cool, the one on my tractor has the bottom hole snapped off- so I think it is definitely a good plan to replace it.


The hydraulic lever on the tractor is moving but badly rusted and the guard has basically snapped off due to the metal rusting.

Will see how I get on- but I have realised there are some serious scammers on ebay. There is an air cleaner for sale at the moment, and I put a reasonable bid on of around £20 and a strange ebay user with 0 feedback bidded it up. I looked at all the other products the same bloke had for sale- and the same dodgy user had bidded them all up!

On principle, I don't want to buy anything off this guy- but he does have the twin fuel filters for sale! The holy grail! :) A question of principle over necessity! grrr


next ebay update to follow in about 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment