Sunday 24 July 2011

progress with new parts

So, after getting the plough together and a breakfast cup of tea, Dan turned up and we turned our attention to seeing if we could build some of the new parts on to the tractor.

Below is a picture of the new plough, which is now a graden feature- which soon will be a functional device on the tractor!


The first job was to rebuild the dash area. I had managed to get a new dash connection bar from Mark- I grinded this back and then disconnected the steering column area. The base dash area with the bonnet catches now is fully operational! The catches work perfectly- I cleaned this up and connected it with new bolts.

I also connected the auxiliary fuel tank bracket- i have to say that it is starting to be a very tight fit between the fuel tank and the dash area! I also grinded and cleaned up the second fuel filter housing, this can be seen below....


You can see below the dash area is looking a lot cleaner and tidier- the new throttle connection looks great. I have noticed that the dash only has two holes for meters, and I am wondering what the original TEF20 tractor actually had?

- Ammeter
- Oil pressure/temperature
- Water temperature


I have also tested the positioning for the ki-gass tank, and you can also see the ki-gass pump with the new part that i got from Mark. This is a twist/ratchet switch that is connected to the out section on the ki-gass pipe. When I was at Mark's we discovered that this is actually the ki-gass fuel filter!

This is now connected and I am looking at sourcing pipes, for the ki-gass system.


We started looking at the wiring loom, but eventually gave up- I can't find a decent/clear diagram and the agriline loom is useless. There is no diagram and loads of extra cables. I emailed agriline and they didn't have any instructions- very disappointing. Dan has took the new and old loom to the agricultural engineers to see if they can bring any sense to it!

In the below photo, you can also see the aux fuel tank- which goes in, but is a very tight fit and has loads of holes and connections which I have no idea where they connect to...


The new dash area requires priming, which I will get done on the next session- I just wanted to make sure it was all together as required, before putting any paint on. I have realised that the throttle linkage is quite rusted- I may look for a new one on ebay, as it keeps popping out when we put the full throttle position on. The new catches are great,my old dash had these completely rotten and jammed, however the working catches are great- and tested! Then pull on to a tubular area on the bonnet and hold the tractor together, which I assume is great for safety.


The final part is the connection of the fuel filters- again Mark came to the rescue with a second fuel filter housing. I need to work out the way it all connects together and may need some extra double hole bolts to connect into the new filter housing- but at least the filters are now in place.

On connecting the oil pressure meter, I have also realised that I need a hollow bolt for that also!


So, good progress- but nervous about the electrical situation at the moment as we don't have a clear solution. I am hoping Dan can speak to the guys who know this week and we look at getting it put together by the end of the week.

I can then look at getting the tractor started.

I have also took out the sump filter and sunk it in a diesel bath, to clean it up. The sump has also been cleaned of all the gunge and dirt in it. We are looking at getting the new tractor oil this week to fill the engine. Once the filter is cleaned up, it can go back together with a new gasket.

I need the following:

-- A clear understanding of the electrics
-- New battery cables

-- Fuel filter connection bolts/parts
-- Aux fuel tank connection parts
-- Ki-gass pipes
-- Electric loom connection

The parts have really helped, and I have made good progress- planning to get it all primed this week, and the electrical loom put on to the tractor. That will be a great position- then it is oil, water and fuel and press the go button!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian, I have a TEF 20 the KiGass pump is solid and I'm not sure how it should work, the pipes have been cut at some time.. and the auxillary tank is missing.. what should this feed.. it's a mystery the main tank seemd to feed the engine, the KiGass tank is present.. if it were to work what goes in this.. parafin? Diesel? A magical Kigass mix?
    It starts and runs but we don't really use it in the cold weather so I guess the Kigass would come in to its own then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts. Construction

    ReplyDelete