Sunday 10 July 2011

Woodcote Rally 2011

Had a great day today at the Woodcote Steam rally and beer festival.

Saw some great vehicles and some amazing tractors- I need to get mine entered for next year. I really enjoyed the atmosphere.. The TE20's weren't so good to be honest, and there was only 2 TEF20 Fergusons, most were TVO tractors. The few diesels I looked at, had the ki-gass and aux tanks missing! There seems to be a general movement, where people just get them running and leave them as they found them!

I have to say, dome of the Fordson and other makes seem to have a much more passionate following!

Photos from the day:


A nice finger mower structure on the below Massey ferguson:


I believe the below is a single cylinder Lanz tractor!


Awesome, Scammel truck! Started its life as a low loader...


This was probably the best restored tractor at the show, real attention to detail!


Nothing runs like a Deere!


One of the Fergie's! Nice lights...


A Caterpillar tracked tractor:


A wide track, Fergie.


I really liked this one, real cut down chassis, basically just a propulsion shaft to the rear axle.


The wide track Fergie with the crop sprayer:


It was a good show, based on the tractors I have seen, my restoration is definately at the top end! :)

This has motivated me and spurred me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment