Sunday 10 July 2011

..motivated!

When I got back from Woodcote, the weather was great- so I decided to beat some of the problems that had stopped my progress!

Out comes the grinding disk!

I cut off the top of the seized bolt on the back left pedal, then hammered it through. I took the pedal off and copper greased the metal pedal connection. Once cleaned upm I reconnected and put a new bolt and nut in place. I lined the pedal up with the other side.


Once sorted, the battery platform was bolted back on. Now I can get a battery on and started putting the electricity loom on. I also go the seat bolt and washer on and now have the seat bolted on correctly- another little job that needed to be completed.


One of the fual housings off ebay came through- I put a new filter in there and have bolted on to the tractor. I need another one of these and then get them correctly connected up to the fuel tanks. I have the aux tank ready to go on, but need a bracket to get it connected properly.

This isn't going to stop me getting the tractor started though, on the main tank and one filter.


I got the air filter connected to the manifold.


Oh yeah! I also grinded the bolts and cleaned up the hydraulic lever. I connected it and painted it up. It needs the lever guide putting on correctly, but I just wanted to get the lever back on and operational.


The rear sectoin is really starting to look the business!


I practicised putting the bonnent on, it fits nicely.

I need to totally take off the paint on the bonnet- I will use paint stripper for this, then use a spray on primer.

I also need to order the new front T-Section and grille, as the rust and damage is very bad on the front end.


A good afternoon, fixing some little issues.

To do:

-- Fuel line between main fuel tank and filter
-- Replacement filter to fuel pump fuel line
-- Get the fuel pump timing lines lined up and tightened

Once complete - the fuel system is complete for the starting testing! Strategically, i also need to:

-- Get the Aux fuel tank mounted
-- Coonect the main and Aux fuel tanks
-- Add the second fuel filter and connect together
-- Connect the Aux fuel tank tp the filter
-- Mount the ki-gass fuel tank and connect the fuel lines

In terms of the controls:

-- Mount the dashboard
-- Connect the wiring loom up
-- Connect the controller box and controls on the dash

Once th fuel system and electrics are connected, a starting test can be done to see if the engine will start and the drive train/clutch are operational as expected. Once tested- then it is removing parts to do the grey spray, prior to rebuilding properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment