Sunday 24 July 2011

Ferguson single blade plough

The last time, I nipped out to buy some motorcycle parts- I ended up with a tractor...

This time, I nipped up to Boston, to get some tractor parts-I ended up with a  PLOUGH! I was laughing when I was driving back down the motorway from Mark's. Every time I looked back into the back of the car, I started laughing!

When I was getting parts at Mark's, I saw the single blade plough, and I couldn't resist- it was in great condition- and as Harry Ferguson said, a tractor is no good without and implement. Hence the importance of the three-point linkage in changing agricultural methods.

I'm very happy- it's awesome. I reconstructed it when I got home and it looks great. Dan was well impressed! :)

Dan and I rebuilt the plough this morning, you can see the parts below in the picture. To give you an idea, a broken down plough will go in the back on any reasonably sized 4x4.


Below is the adjustment arm:


Reconnected the plough blade and the main chassis. Two big bolts attach the blade to the main metal arm. This connects easily, but the weight of the main part is difficult to line up with the blade. The best way, is to lay the blade on its side, then line up the heavy metal part. It means the bolts can be lined up, with only one person rebuilding the plough.


Below, the original Ferguson sign is attached to the side of the plough:


I knew there would be a use for my Plough Spanner!


I'm really looking forward to backing the tractor up to the gate, and attaching the plough ready for Henley show! I think that may be a video moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment