Sunday 29 May 2011

Lots of pictures of progress so far!

As the tractor was when I saw it first time. It looked like it needed a few minor things, and some cosmetic work! Oh how I was so, so wrong.



See below the block, and the effect of the grinder on the dirty paint.



Here is the right brake components exposed, ready for breaking down and cleaning. I can't get the set off at the moment, the bolts are totally seized...



You can see below where the fuel pump is run from the mechanics at the front. No electronic pumps- awesome! The oil filter is below- this needs to come off for cleaning and replacement- must remember to do that!



You can see below a number of things! The teeth on the flywheel, where the starter motor has been removed are completely shot to bits! I have started getting the paint off the block, so I can get the engine number and get a build data eon the tractor. From the model I think between 1951 and 1956, but not sure. Supposedly there are two different engines 20c and 23c- need to work out what that is all about! The engine block gaskets were all ruined- but i have ordered the full gasket kit from agriline... cool!



The dreaded seized real left drum! What to do?? I'm planning getting some heat on the bolt next... You can also see that there is no brake pedal- I have removed this to start trying to un-seize the brake control mechanism.



The whole 3 point linkage I haven't looked at yet- i'm just hoping that the hydraulics will work. When I bought the tractor the linkages were up- so i'm guessing it was working at some point. I have loosened the control level off- it moves nicely. The PTO engaging level makes a positive noise so fingers crossed...



See here that the whole dash is out and there are lots of missing components :s


Dashboard piece needs grinding and the rear skins are a state. One is ok, the other is full of filler. I think  it will be a full replacement- but am seeing this as a final thing.... It will be nice to order and fit them, when everything else is working!



The water pump has cleaned up nicely and the chain cover is looking nice after some easy grinding with a wire brush. I have all the parts in the back room, or ordered to complete the cooling system- I think! So will rebuild once the paint is on the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment