Tuesday 16 August 2011

STARTED!!!!

After 5 mins of sorting little things out, the tractor is running!!!

After last time, I have had the battery on trickle charge for a good few days. So today it had good charge.

I also checked the manual and noticed that the diesle pump needs to be topped up with engine oil. I bought a little oil can from the 'antique' shop in Henley. I loaded it up with my motorbike oil! Opening the cover on the fuel pump, I topped up the oil. This filled up and started running out of the tap at the bottom. I screwed the tap out and ensured that the springs were oiled and the base had a small pool of oil in it.

I have also noticed that the fuel filter is leaking, I will fix this when I put the original filters back on with the fabric washers. I think copper washers don't fully seal around the fuel banjo's.

I turned the fuel on, and disconnected the pre-air filter. To do the initial warm, I used a blow torch on the intake manifold. After about 30 seconds of the engine turning over- it started catching and kicking!

LOTS of smoke!

Then I disconnected the starter motor and the engine was running sweetly, I worked the throttle and it responds nicely.

I also check the clutch, gears and PTO- which are all working great! FANTASTIC!

One major issue, is that the rear right hand wheel isn't turning- i'm thinking maybe the foot brake is jammed on- but not sure, I need to check what is going on! Either way, the fact that it is running is great news and progress...


Even better news, is that Kasha has videoed the whole thing! I will post once I have worked out you tube etc!!

Now for a glass of wine, to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment